SD-User

Re: [SD-User] Yaesu FT-100 CAT with SD

To: "'g3wyw'" <g3wyw@btinternet.com>
Subject: Re: [SD-User] Yaesu FT-100 CAT with SD
From: "Allan G Duncan" <allan.duncan@allanduncan.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2018 19:31:04 +0100
Hi Paul,

Thanks for taking the time to reply and looking at the CAT protocol.

It might not be fashionable to say so, but I quite like the old FT-100. Sure,
it’s no K3 in RX performance, but my one is fitted with both the 500 and 300Hz
CW filters, which probably helps a bit. I prefer it to some of the more modern
Yaesu small HF transceivers I have tried.

Leading zeros don’t seem to make any difference – behaviour is the same. The
full stop (or decimal point) can’t be entered in the call field for frequency
entry, as this key has the special function in SD of a “partial call search by
suffix”.

73

Allan

GM4ZUK