[SECC] (no subject)

Subject: [SECC] (no subject)
From: mcondon@attglobal.net (Michael Condon)
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 11:25:04 -0400
I took another look at the calendar over a longer period, not including the
summer months, May thru September.

ARCI has 9 entries in the calendar so I am not worried about coexisting with
them, they are everywhere.

I crossed out any week with an ARRL major,
any week with a CQ major,
any week with 2 or more other QSO parties (or a really major single QSO
party like FL, CA or NA),
the 160M contests,
WAE, (dropping 2nd week NOV)
Sweepstakes,
Sprints,
Field Day,
Dayton.
Several weekends have more than one State or Prov QSO party on similar
schedules, by the way.
The above also knocked out the weekends with major RTTY/Digital contests or
parties.

This leaves 2nd Week OCT 3rd Week OCT, and 2nd Week APRIL.

2ND OCT would move us earlier by one week before the start of the major
contest season.  PA QSO Party would be on, and a EU sprint.

3rd OCT still looks best to me, joining IL QSO Party, WAG, and the few other
minor activities.

2nd April has the EU ssb sprint, an ARCI, a couple other Eus, and a couple
of Yls.

I still like 3rd October weekend.  Any change will cause a bit of shifting
for some, but this proposal seems the minimum, with really acceptable
coexistence with others
I also think that the change would really give a boost to the GQP.  I do not
propose to change the rules or schedule, leaving that to others.  However, I
do think that one-day with longer hours is a better format, with more
intense competition for us.

If we have a meeting at The LV Hamfest, we could have a discussion, and
possible recommendation.

Mike, NE4S
73