Unintentional jump to S&P

Subject: Unintentional jump to S&P
From: kk7a@micron.net (Jim - KK7A)
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1996 23:46:40 -0700
        Many times during the SS Phone test I did something on the keyboard =
that seemed natural but caused problems and slowed me down.  While CQing =
I would type in a partial call in the call window and go ahead and work =
the guy saying something like "the W7X something station" you are #.... =
When that station came back to me with my exchange, I accidently hit the =
TAB key to get down to the exchange field which to my suprise, put me in =
S&P mode for the next QSO.  It wasn't a suprise until the next guy =
called and my DVP answered with my callsign.
        It would be nice if any characters were in the callsign field, the TAB =
wouldn't do that.  In other words, unless the callsign field is blank, =
don't switch modes.
        I realize that if I hit RETURN instead of TAB everything worked okay, =
but my mind didn't want to do that all the time with partial calls for =
some reason!  Must be getting old.

        73, Jim

Jim Larson - KK7A - <><
Boise, Idaho