Unintentional jump to S&P

Subject: Unintentional jump to S&P
From: w7zrc@micron.net (Rod Greene)
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 96 07:51 MST
Hi All,

Same experience here.  I quickly learned to hit the Escape Key when finished
to put me back in the Run mode.

        73, Rod

At 11:46 PM 11/20/96 -0700, Jim - KK7A wrote:
>       Many times during the SS Phone test I did something on the keyboard that
seemed natural but caused problems and slowed me down.  While CQing I would
type in a partial call in the call window and go ahead and work the guy
saying something like "the W7X something station" you are #.... When that
station came back to me with my exchange, I accidently hit the TAB key to
get down to the exchange field which to my suprise, put me in S&P mode for
the next QSO.  It wasn't a suprise until the next guy called and my DVP
answered with my callsign.
>       It would be nice if any characters were in the callsign field, the TAB
wouldn't do that.  In other words, unless the callsign field is blank, don't
switch modes.
>       I realize that if I hit RETURN instead of TAB everything worked okay,
> but
my mind didn't want to do that all the time with partial calls for some
reason!  Must be getting old.

----- Rod Greene, w7zrc@micron.net, <>< -----