[TRLog] QCWA

Subject: [TRLog] QCWA
From: gbaron@sparc.isl.net (Gilbert Baron)
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 1998 13:19:03 -0600
Tree N6TR wrote:

> Last night, I once again say down at the computer after the kids
> were in bed and picked up the new rules for the QCWA contest with
> the intent of implementing the required changes to the program.
>
> Once again, I started the process, soon felt overwhelmed by the
> number of changes, and went to bed.
>
> This time, I was also trying for a "minimal" implementation.  I
> will try one more time, but I am not optimistic I will be successful.
>
> There are two factors working against this contest:
>
> 1. The rules are unusual.
>
> 2. The rules have changed every year.
>
> I guess if I felt that if I implemented this, and then the rules
> wouldn't change next year, I would be more motivated.

I would not bother. If the authors of thsi contest want to be such
@##$(%*# that they change the rules to foil logging software (which
nearly any serious contester uses now) then they deserve to have the
contest die. They are just what they seem, old farts.

Perhaps I should not talk this way but they should join the 20th
century. I suppose they want us to continue to use outdorr plumbing too?

--
Gil  W0MN gbaron@sparc.isl.net
Bailar es vivir   44:04.925 N 92:30.758 W 1055'