[TRLog] Updates - Help wanted

Subject: [TRLog] Updates - Help wanted
From: geoiii@bga.com (george fremin iii)
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 14:26:57 -0600 (CST)
Hannu Saila writes:
>I have got two last versions of TR-log (Europe). Both of them have proved to
>be useless. There might be some trouble with my own computer/internet
>-system. But who knows what should I do.
>
>I think the program should come as an attachment (*.ZIP) Howeve I do get it
>in the body of the message and it is splitted in 12 different pieces and of
>course the contents is pure garbage (or is it?).

It is not garbage. The email you got contained the ZIPfile that
had been UUENCODED.  We use this method of encoding - as opposed
to the MIME encoding that your Eudora mail program uses for
attachments because UUENCODING has been the "normal" way of
encoding binary files for transmission via email for a long time.

The free versions of Eudora do not support UUENCODING. Also it
is Eudora that splits the file into 12 pieces.

You have several options:

1. Use a diffrent mail program that does support UUENCODED files.
   There are several that you can download from the net for free.
   Netscape Communicator, Pegesus (I think), Microsoft also have stuff.

2. Put those 12 files back together and then use TR-LOG to
   UUDECODE it.

3. Buy Eudora Pro - it supports UUENCODED files.

--

George Fremin III          "I'm talkin' 'bout that outlaw X
Austin, Texas                It's cuttin' through the air.... "