[TRLog] Changing SS check from last year

Subject: [TRLog] Changing SS check from last year
From: n6tr@teleport.com (n6tr@teleport.com)
Date: 8 Nov 2000 15:36:37 -0000
> I did consider such things as committing hari kiri, or surrendering
> my license, or at least giving up strong drink.  Now that I find others
> who've encountered this phenomenon, and have the guts to admit it,
> maybe I'll hang on for another year.

There is a three rules that will make your life easier - I think
K4OJ gets the credit for coming up with them:

Rule 1: Copy what was sent.

Rule 2: If you aren't sure what was sent - ask for a repeat.

Rule 3: Copy what was sent.

What was in the database from last year is not part of the equation.

There are enough people who know about these databases and want to
play with your minds that you need to really careful how you use
that information.  There are other cases where people just forget
when they were licensed, or a guest op comes along with a different
check.

Repeating my earlier comment - I have found I make less errors
if I don't put the information in as an initial exchange and
just put it in the USER info space for reference.  I mostly use
the information to help me convince myself that I got it right
in a slightly questionable copy situation.  However, there is
some risk in doing this.

73 Tree