[TRLog] Aborting RTTY messages

Subject: [TRLog] Aborting RTTY messages
From: vr2bg@harts.org.hk (VR2BrettGraham)
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 02:05:29 +0000
KK1L replied to K4RO:

> > I hadn't found a way to tell if the TNC was still transmiting
> > or not - or if three was a way to abort a message in progress.
> >
> > If someone knows how to do this - then perhaps we can improve
> > the operation.

Finally had a chance to look at the book.

There is no embedded character that can be sent to a PK-232 to stop it
from transmitting once it has started.

What can be done, however, is put it into command mode (by sending a ^C),
then put it in receive mode (by sending an R followed by <return>).  This
forces an immediate return to receive, but any data that wasn't sent remains
in the transmit buffer - which can be cleared by sending TC followed by
<return>.

73, VR2BrettGraham