[TRLog] PTT config

Subject: [TRLog] PTT config
From: n4gn@n4gn.com (Tim Totten, N4GN)
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 11:16:07 -0500 (EST)
On Thu, 21 Nov 2002, William Hein, AA6TT wrote:

> I am using parallel port CW keying with TR and a Yaesu FT-1000D.  I'd
> like to slow down the PTT release when transmitting so that the rig's
> T/R relay doesn't 'chatter' on and off between dits and dahs.  Is there
> a way to do this with a CFG file parameter?  Using vox (semi-break in)
> on the 1000D works but I was wondering if there was a more elegant
> solution.

Hi Bill!  Here are the settings I typically use.  Seems to work FB for my
taste:

PTT ENABLE = TRUE
PADDLE PTT HOLD COUNT = 6
PTT TURN ON DELAY = 15

This is yet another way-cool differentiator between TR Log and those other
programs.  I can't imagine ever going back to old-fashioned break-in (semi
or full).  It's just SO much nicer this way!

73,

Tim Totten, n4gn@n4gn.com
http://www.n4gn.com