Re: [Trlog] PTT Stays keyed when running w/TR 6.79

To: George Fremin III <geoiii@kkn.net>
Subject: Re: [Trlog] PTT Stays keyed when running w/TR 6.79
From: kd4d@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 19:50:13 +0000
Hi George:

I'm talking about the PTT line out of TRLog, which I happened
to be feeding to the amp, bypassing the Orion for that very
reason.  I actually put in a Y connector and also drove
the amp from the Orion AMP KEY line just to be sure.
The Orion stayed in QSK mode and except for very annoying
clicks in the sidetone worked fine.

Actually, as I think of it, both times this happened I was
running on the 950, with regular PTT.  I mentioned the
radio types since this is a change from NAQP and ARRL 10
where I ran TR 6.79 in basically the same configuration
and this DID NOT happen even once.  I wonder if it could
be related to the Orion's faster baud rate or something...

I was using two FT1000mp variants in both NAQP and
ARRL 10.  In ARRL 10, I only had radio control on one
radio though.  In NAQP, I was using a different computer
with ISA instead of PCI serial ports.  I don't know if
any of that is relevant to this bug.

73,

Mark, KD4D