[TenTec] Model 305 level converter

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Model 305 level converter
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale L. Martin)
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 17:14:12 -0500
>I had to do the same thing for CW....but took it a step
further...the COM
>output from the computer goes to a switch box...the box contains
an SSTV
>converter...DB-25 to a TNC and a keyed reed relay for CW
> (I use CT for contesting)...and switches all the audio leads!!!
>Now, I'll trade a DB-25 pin for CW for a DB-25 pin to the REV
button..This
>way I could mount a momentary switch on the remote
VFO....wouldn't that be
>dandy for split freq. DX'ing!!

That sounds neat....hmmm......

>But I think the DB-25 on the OMNI is filled up with band control
stuff...

Actually, it's not.  If you are using a homebrew DB25 cable for
computer control/301 control, there are 10 pins on the Ten-Tec
DB25 panel connector available to wire stuff to
(4,5,9,11,12,13,18,19,20,22).

Well, there goes the weekend......

73,
dale, kg5u