[TenTec] Model 305 level converter

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Model 305 level converter
From: allencpa@sat.net (Charles T. Allen)
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 1998 08:59:20 -0700
I?ve been using LOGic 4.0 with my Omni VI for the past few months.
Since I have a Model 301 remote VFO knob plugged into the Omni?s DB-25,
I use a Model 305 level converter and connect it to the Omni VI?s serial
port.  Everything was working FB until a couple of weeks ago, when the
rig mysteriously stopped talking to the computer.

Removing the 305 level converter from the path and connecting the
computer directly to the Omni?s DB-25 restores the function.  This makes
it appear that the trouble is not with the software or the cabling
between the computer and XCVR, but is associated with the level
converter.  Perhaps the serial port on the XCVR is the culprit.

I wonder if anyone out there has experienced this problem before. Any
suggestions before I head off on a flock of wild geese?  Don't bother
offering to solve my problem by buying the Model 301 from me. . .I?m far
too lazy to do without it.

Thanks in advance.

73 de Chas