[TenTec] Re: Argo 509

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: Argo 509
From: v31ry@ix.netcom.com (AE0Q V31RY)
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 1998 06:43:08 -0700
At 08:39 14-11-98 -0500, W3NR wrote:

>Need a good and easy mod to reduce the audio gain to the headphones for
>my Argo. Anyone remember the mod from TT and the values ??

  I found that 50 ohms was about right for my Argo-556 (QRP-Scout), and made
a 6-inch adapter cable with an in-line 1/4" jack on the end.  I put two 1/8
watt 100 ohm resistors in parallel (for 100 ohms) right inside the 1/4" plug.

73  --  Glenn
Don't pay the ferryman!  Don't even fix a price!  Don't pay
the ferryman until he gets you to the other side.  - Chris DeBurgh -

     AEØQ / V31RY          ex: GM5BKC, ZB2WZ, SVØWY, WAØVPK
  v31ry@ix.netcom.com   --SOWP 5558-M, ARRL LM, QCWA LM, NCVA--
http://www.qsl.net/ae0q/