[TenTec] Omni-VI Trouble..??

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni-VI Trouble..??
From: peplasters@rockford.com (Paul Plasters)
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 10:12:06 -0600
Tim, I would check how many OMNI VI's have been sold, then count the number
of people with the problem.  That should give you a percentage of the
problem.  I used to build aircraft electronic components for a local large
company (I still work their, but now I am in a maintainance of electronic
gear.  I would often find that a slight rerouting of wire would create or
cure some problem.  Maybe something similar is the culprit here?  Or it
could be a marginal component.  I seen a lot of that also.
Either way, I really like my OMNI VI.  If I didn't I would replace it as
soon as possible.  I also enjoy my Scout as a mobile rig, keeping in mind
the price I paid for it ($495.00) as compared to the OMNI VI.
73 Paul K9PEP