[TenTec] Paragon I evaluation?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Paragon I evaluation?
From: turner@safety.ics.uci.edu (Clark Savage Turner)
Date: Sat, 02 Jan 1999 20:45:42 -0800
Anyone have the Paragon and can compare it to the Corsair II
and/or OMNI VI (or OMNI V)?  I like both SSB and CW operation,
and am not a contest operator.  I like to SWL too.  I would
put a CW filter into it at the very least.

I am very curious.  I have a  backup rig for my OMNI VI,
and it is the Kenmore (appliance) TS 850S/AT.  I like the
850 a whole lot to begin with, but would consider replacing
it with a real 'merican rig :-) .

How is the general reliability of the Paragon?  Does anyone
prefer the Paragon II to the I, and is there much of a
difference?  How is the Paragon on CW with a good narrow
CW filter installed (and how is the audio VBT, is this the
same as the one in the Corsair II?)

Just general questions, I know, but I seem to have a chance
at a nice clean Paragon I and am seriously considering it.
Never used one and would just like a few critical opinions
if you have any.

Clark
WA3JPG