[TenTec] Tentec Amps

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Tentec Amps
From: zeitler@ibm.net (zeitler@ibm.net)
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 1999 19:06:55 -0700
Paul,
I recently had the chance to operate a Centaur using a Corsair and a kenwood
TS-850 as the driver. It operated flawlessly with both rigs. I think the
Centaur is one of if not the best bang for the buck amp out there today. For
$749 I don't see how you can go wrong for a brand new full QSK all band HF
amp. The 811As are cheap. A new trio of Svetlana's are under $70 shipped
these days.

This particular amp did an honest 500 watts into a Bird 43. For this op it
was the perfect solution until later on in a few years he upgrades to a full
legal limit amp. His and my personal feelings are that if you can't increase
by 3dB then it probably ain't worth the upgrade.

Once the Titan IIs have been out on the streets for a bit that will most
likely be the amp for this guy.

For me, I have a homebrew 3-500Z deck that covers all HF bands 160 to 10 but
I am very very into the Centaur and will most likely by a new one very soon.
I need it like I need a hole in the head but for $749 it just keeps calling
me......Lane I am still available......

73s

Lane
Ku7i