[TenTec] Re: reed relay replacement

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: reed relay replacement
From: kr4wm@bigfoot.com (Web Williams)
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 07:01:38 -0400

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
> Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 20:27:07 -0400
> From: "Paul Christensen" <paulc@mediaone.net>
> Subject: [TenTec] WTB: Reed Relay
>
> Look for a very quiet T/R reed relay as used in the Triton and other Ten-Tec
> series transceivers.  There's a variance in the loudness of the relay and
> mine is much too loud.  I once owned an early Triton IV and it was extremely
> quiet.  Anyone have a quiet one to sell?  Anyone know if it's the same type
> as used in the Omni Six?  Thanks!
>
> - -Paul

I had one get stuck in an Icom 735 one time- thanks to medirect-connecting the
keying line of a Heathkit SB-200.
Just so happens that Radio Shack carries a 750 ohm coil
and a 1000 ohm coil reed relay. I needed a 500, but the
750 was close enough that it worked, and has been working
for 8 years now! CW, digital, AND phone. They're little blue
tubes with the contacts on each end (coil contacts on one
end, relay contacts on the other). Absolutely NO noise.
Good luck! 73, -Web