[TenTec] Elecraft K2 vs. Ten- Tec

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Elecraft K2 vs. Ten- Tec
From: csturner@falcon.csc.calpoly.edu (Clark Savage Turner)
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 11:51:49 -0700 (PDT)
On Wed, 3 May 2000 ac5aa@juno.com wrote:

> Maybe in raw receiver performance the K2 approaches the VI or VI+ (and

My recollection of the numbers is that it meets or exceeds the OMNI VI and
VI+ in several significant respects.  Anyone have the numbers?  Stuff like
blocking dynamic range ...?

(other stuff missing from K2, yes...)

> Dual cascadable crystal filters (not monolithics)?

I believe the filter issue is covered in the selectivity numbers.  The K2
does not use cheap monolithics for sure, but discrete crystals in a design
that give very good skirts and variable bandwidth as I recall.  Again,
anyone with a K2 can tell us more?  I want to buy one, but it is down my
list of priorities at this point.

The only thing on the K2 I miss (when I tried one out for a day) is a
basic PBT or IF shift.  The basic receiver performance was just wonderful
though.

Clark
WA3JPG