[TenTec] Contest Idea

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Contest Idea
From: aa4nn@juno.com (Joe L Blackwell)
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 15:07:47 -0500
Wonderful.  I'll volunteer to amass rules and score the contest.
Yep, Ten-Tec rigs are all classic, so let the multiplier be just the
three digit model number.  Man, that TX-100 would be a rare one!
oops, that's 5 digits.  Okay, model be 100.  QRP, 100w, over 100w.
CW only...   Otherwise that Sunday SSB net might get crazy.

Ok, any ideas.  Daytime, 8 hours, 12 hours?  80, 40, 20, 15 & 10?
Saturday or Sunday.  4/6 hours Sat, 4/6 hours Sun?  Could get wild.
Same call, different rig... should be okay.  One point per QSO times
number of multipliers.  Score zero for them Comyawood's, eh?

Suggest 30kHz up from band edge?  Plus Novice segments?
Need three plaque donors for top score QRP, 100W, over 100W.
Like Stew Perry, $50/plaque.  I'll donate $50 plaque for over 100W.
I'll arrange for certificates for top scores in each state/province
provided a score consists of at least 100 (50?) contacts.  Hell, I'm
writing the rules already !!  Oh, QSO same call, same rig, once per
band, else its a dupe.  Same rig, same call, all five bands, special
award (if done 3 times)  Same call, most rigs used, a very special
award  (Ten-Tec's most stalwart enthusiast), where, if a tie, then the
most points scored would prevail.

Send me your comments and suggested rules/scoring.  I'll post
a summary to the reflector.   If this flies, perhaps the scores could
be posted to the unofficial Ten-Tec web page.

CQ TT de AA4NN ??
CQ WATT de AA4NN  ??
73, de Joe Blackwell, aa4nn@juno.com