[TenTec] Model 242 remote VFO

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Model 242 remote VFO
From: kh7m@hsa-kauai.net (Jim Reid)
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 11:57:03 -1000

> I have a question about the Model 242 Remote VFO which
> matches the Triton IV (Model 544).

>-- anybody out there have any folklore about power problems
> with the Triton IV supplying juice to the Model 242.

Hi Pete,

Well,  my 242 operates just fine via power from the companion
544.  Of course I power my 544/242 with a "new" TT 962
power supply.  Per the 544 diagram,  fig. 3-4 in my 544 0wner's
Manual,  the  voltage fed to pin 2 of the socket into which the
jumper to the 242 plugs, is direct from the line of the main power
bus which runs through out the 544 coming directly from the rf
decoupling L and 1000mfd cap  following pin 4 of the main power
socket of the 544;  the 962,  or which ever PS you are using connects
directly to pin 4 of that socket.

So,  I can see no reason why yet another regulated voltage source
would "be better".  That power bus within the 544 is plenty well
held "flat".

73,  Jim,  KH7M