[TenTec] ARRL product review test change

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] ARRL product review test change
From: n1eu@hotmail.com (Barry N1EU)
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 06:34:32 -0400
Good suggestion.  It would also be nice to see how flat the passband is and
how extended it is in the bass and treble in ssb.

As far as flatness is concerned, my understanding is that the passband
ripple in the K2 is pronounced enough (due to its filtering scheme) so that
the output power will vary considerably in PSK31 depending on the offset
(tone) used.  (Users can workaround this by retuning the vfo via computer to
keep a constant offset, but who really should have to do this?)

73,
Barry  N1EU