[TenTec] Centurion in the new lineup

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Centurion in the new lineup
From: k5uj@hotmail.com (Rob Atkinson, K5UJ)
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2002 19:14:29 +0000
Thanks Jim,

After I sent that message, I thought about it some more and concluded that
the company would probably continue the Centurion until a point in time when
revenue would not be enough to support production, and discontinue it, and
sell only the Titan II, since it has the newer more generic look.  I bet the
company strategy, which I think is wise, is to design the accessory products
so they blend in with a variety of rigs, thereby selling not only to Ten Tec
devotees but also to the wider ham market for linears, transmatches etc.
Instead it sounds like the generic look will be black for everything.  I
guess that's called survival.

Rob
K5UJ