[TenTec] RX-340 DSP output

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] RX-340 DSP output
From: mark@microenh.com (Mark Erbaugh)
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 11:44:02 -0400
I'll post this again as I've had no response in a couple of weeks. Perhaps
someone new is watching the list and may have some help.

Has anyone done anything with the DSP outputs of the RX-340? I think it
would be really powerful to load those signals into a powerful PC and play
with them on the PC (as I'm sure TT will never let us modify the RX-340
firmware). It seems to me that this has to be cleaner than the two extra
conversions currently being done (D/A in the RX-340 and A/D by the computer
soundcard) for computer soundcard based reception. I haven't even considered
the possibilty of messing with the IF version of the DSP (which is also
available).

Does anyone follow any other newsgroups or reflectors where digital gurus
hang out and may be doing something not reported here?

73,
Mark