[TenTec] Pegasus

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Pegasus
From: mark@microenh.com (Mark Erbaugh)
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 14:12:01 -0400
Ernie,

Are you trying to flash the firmware using the same computer / COM port /
cable that you use to control the radio during normal operation?  If so,
does everything work when running the control program?  Particularly, does
the SMeter move following received signal strength and does the remote
tuning knob work?  Most of the other functions (setting frequency from the
keyboard or mouse, setting other radio parameters) will work fine if the
data is getting from the computer to the radio, but no data is getting back
to the computer from the radio. If the SMeter and remote tuning knob working
would indicate that data is getting back to the computer from the radio.
Have you confirmed that the port in the flash program is set correctly? What
OS are you using?

As for the tuner, remember that the MFJ meter is between the tuner (the
VersaTuner) and the radio and thus measures the tuned SWR. With the PT11,
the external meter is measuring the SWR between the tuner (the PT11) and the
antenna.  How are using the ALC light in this measurement?  I have found
that the mic gain setting that makes the LED come on decreases as I cut back
on the RF power. For example, it may take half scale to get the LED on at
100 w, but only a quarter scale to get the LED to come on at say 25 watts.

73,
Mark