[TenTec] Spurious Signal on Pegasus

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Spurious Signal on Pegasus
From: rjanney@optonline.net (Bob's Mail)
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 17:52:09 -0500
I think this is a result of 2 AM broadcast stations mixing (intermod) with
the resultant spur ending up on 1.818. I dealt with a very similar peoblem a
few years ago from an errant ham who accused me and our station of causing
the interference. He even called the FCC and reported our station as the
culprit, even though I knew we were not at fault. I did the math and figured
out who was causing the problem but by that time the FCC had been notified
and made the measurements and called me to acknowledge that we were not at
fault. The ham who reported me called back a week later and said he had
wanted to let me know that he figured out we were not the problem. (tried to
make up for his shoot from the him diagnosis) Just for anyones info he (Tom)
is a regular on the 160 meter Top Band Reflector. He was very lucky he was
not litigated against by our corperation ( that was considered) but never
called back to admit error.