[TenTec] dealer networks: AES NO value added

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] dealer networks: AES NO value added
From: crrandal@earthlink.net (Randy & Cara Randall)
Date: Sun Feb 2 17:44:24 2003
Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX wrote:
/
Be reminded that when you purchase an
item, you silently agree to abide by the terms of the Warranty Agreement and
the manufacturer and you have a binding contract. Your returning the item
to the Dealer violates this agreement and should the Dealer stand pat, you
are out in the cold with a defective product, and no valid warranty and thus
no responsibility from the manufacturer./

That's neat.  If you open the box to show the purchaser the warranty, it
is now a used item so you can't sell it.  You can't read the warranty
without opening the box.  I see a very big problem here as I doubt that
most stores have every warranty for every product in a binder that you
can look at.

I find it detestable that as a consumer you would have to ship a product
back to the manufacturer on your dime when the thing is defective out of
the box.  What is the county comming to?  I am happy that most retailers
still do not do this.

Randy AB9GO