[TenTec] Pegasus software and operation

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Pegasus software and operation
From: lejeuned@centurytel.net (David W LeJeune, Sr)
Date: Wed Feb 26 16:21:27 2003
Sounds like your problem is in the laptop.  I use a Dell workstation
computer with my Jupiter, and it works fine, but have experienced problems
with a USB to serial adapter. Always works on the standard serial port.
I'll have to try it with my Dell laptop (Inspiron 8200) which had a standard
serial port - no need for an expansion port.  I use both the TenTec software
as well as N4PY's software.

If I had to take a guess, I'd bet it was RF getting into the computer or
computer serial interface.  I've had those sort of problems before using a
computer with a Kenwood TS440.  Finally fixed it by getting the RF out of
the shack

Dave K5WNV