[TenTec] CW on 60m

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] CW on 60m
From: johnclif@ix.netcom.com (John Clifford)
Date: Thu May 15 03:15:51 2003
Rather than CW, I think that PSK31 or some other digital mode would be a
better use of the band than SSB voice.

These should make great PSK channels as the sunspot level drops.

However, no rig that I currently have supports these bands unmodified (the
Omni VI doesn't, and the K2 won't without upgraded firmware, and I am not
willing to upgrade the firmware just yet if it is channelized because the
allocation might change/increase).  I have only a minor interest in
operating on 60m.

BTW, you CAN send CW on these bands... you would just need to have audio
keying on a USB transmission... which is supported via some soundcard
software like MixW.  It certainly meets the letter of the law.

 - jgc

John Clifford KD7KGX

Heathkit HW-9 WARC/HFT-9/HM-9
Elecraft K2 #1678 /KSB2/KIO2/KBT2/KAT2/KNB2/KAF2/KPA100
Ten-Tec Omni VI/Opt1
Alinco DR-605TQ
Icom T90A

email: kd7kgx@arrl.net