[TenTec] For RTTY users

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] For RTTY users
From: k5uj@hotmail.com (Rob Atkinson, K5UJ)
Date: Wed Jun 18 18:24:13 2003
Ten Tec has announced today that they are discontinuing the Model 216
digital mode 9 mhz IF filter used in the Omni V, VI, VI+.

The TT website says:
Model 216 is a 500 Hz bandwidth 6 pole filter passband centered for digital
mode use only.

INRAD makes two 9 MHz IF narrow 400 hz filters, one centered for 9000.6 and
one for 9000.7.
I do not know if one of these can replace the 216 or not because I'm unable
to find anything that tells me the 216's center freq.  This note is merely
FYI for RTTY and other digital mode ops.  I'm strictly SSB and CW--this is
just a heads up.  Perhaps the 216's 6 mhz counterpart is enough.

Rob Atkinson
K5UJ