[TenTec] Coax sizes for amp usage...

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Coax sizes for amp usage...
From: johnclif@ix.netcom.com (John Clifford)
Date: Thu Jul 17 03:49:22 2003
Greetings fellow Ten-Tec'ers...

I am in the process of hooking up my Centaur and 238B to my shack.  I'm
planning on using RG-58 coax in 6' lengths to run my K2 and HW-9, and RG-8M
for my Omni VI, to a coax switch, which selects which radio goes to the amp.
I'm running RG-8X to the amp, and then from the amp to the tuner I'm running
a 5' lengths of RG-8.  I'm going to run RG-8 to the antennas outside
(Hybrid-Quad on a rotator, G5RV) and use the 238 as an antenna switch.

Does this sound okay?

Also, I'm not able to get any reaction out of the SWR/power meter on the
238B when hitting it with 20w from the Omni VI.  I have an LDG AT-11MP
autotuner before the amp/238 that handles all of my rigs and is intended for
when the 238B is in Bypass mode, and that works fine.  I'm setting the 238B
in Bypass mode and attempting to check SWR according to the 238's
instructions for tuning.  Could there be a problem with the 238B?

 - jgc

John Clifford KD7KGX

Heathkit HW-9 WARC/HFT-9/HM-9
Elecraft K2 #1678 /KSB2/KIO2/KBT2/KAT2/KNB2/KAF2/KPA100
Ten-Tec Omni VI/Opt1
Alinco DR-605TQ
Icom T90A

email: kd7kgx@arrl.net