[TenTec] Re: 2 minor comments: Speakers and Centurion

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: 2 minor comments: Speakers and Centurion
From: RMcGraw@Blomand.Net (Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX)
Date: Fri Aug 1 20:42:11 2003
Just be sure the foam is OPEN CELL foam and not closed cell foam.  Closed
cell makes good padding but won't hold water like a sponge.  Open cell will
hold a good bit of water.

Fiberglass, the pink stuff, works also quite well and has been used for
years.  Most speakers either have an open back, or if an enclosed cabinet
then a slot in the front known as a port or a slot with a tube attached
extending toward the back of the cabinet known as a tuned port.  All of this
depends on the cabinet volume and the free air resonance of the speaker.

73
Bob, K4TAX