[TenTec] #217 Cw Filter in Corsair II???

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] #217 Cw Filter in Corsair II???
From: OTAKEBI@aol.com
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 17:08:08 EDT
I think I may have found the problem as to why the PBT control does not
function with my 500hz Cw filter in the .05 slot.
The filter in the .05 slot is an 8 pole Xtal.
The only marking on the top of one of the Xtals is the number 8008.
Out of curiosity I removed the filter and found the number 217 on the board.
I have never seen TT put the filter number on the board.
Why do that when you can put it on a can and let it rub off with time so as
to cause all this confusion?
I think I may have a #217 500hz CW filter.
I thought that a # 217 could not fit into the slots provided for a #285 in
the Corsair I and would in fact not even work.
Can anybody fill me in on what gives.
I bought this radio used and the person that sold it to me said the filter
was in the radio when he bought it.
Your information can save me a call to TT and having to trade or buy another
filter.
Thanks,
Dan N4VET