[TenTec] Speaking of Omni VI probs. how about this

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Speaking of Omni VI probs. how about this
From: "Rob Atkinson, K5UJ" <k5uj@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2003 04:00:19 +0000
This one is kind of interesting:

While operating in a 10 meter net tonight, my Omni VI/3 (vintage 1993) suddenly began, for lack of a better way to put it, doing a 10 hz picket fence number on the rx audio. At first I thought it was the guy on the other end but no, it was doing it everywhere I tuned so I knew it had to my my rig. Front panel buttons quit being responsive unless I pushed them 2 or 3 times, then the p.s. would trip the whole thing off. When I pushed the cw button the rig began sending continual dits, then tripped off the p.s. again. Anyone have any ideas on which innards went South for the winter?
I'm thinking microprocessor but I don't see how that squares with the p.s. tripping off. I just put up a new antenna and I'm having a ball with it, or was, so I'm not real surprised this happened.
Tnx, 73
Rob Atkinson
K5UJ