Re: [TenTec] Headphone clicks

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Headphone clicks
From: Jason Buchanan <jsb@digistar.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2003 14:01:08 -0500
Carl Moreschi wrote:
If you use 32 ohm or higher impedance headphones, you won't hear the click.
I was just suggesting a way for you to continue to use the same headphones.
I don't have the click in my headphones at all.  They are 32 ohm headphones.

I use a pair of AKG K 240 DF 600ohm headphones. They are probably the most comfortable pair of headphones i've ever used, ever. You can wear them for days.

http://www.akg.com/products/powerslave,mynodeid,186,id,253,pid,253,_language,EN.html

The K 240 DF is acoustically equalized to the diffuse sound field (this is what the DF suffix stands for) which produces a natural and uncolored sound - a flat frequency response from 15Hz to 20000Hz.

The sound from these headphones seems to enter your ear from all around the ear, not as though it is being pushed in. CW is the worst type of sound you want "injected" into your head.

The other thing I find particularly nice about these headphones is the bass response is not muddy and does not give you a headache after hours of listening to AM phone with lots of bass response.