Re: [TenTec] First dit shortening

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] First dit shortening
From: Sinisa Hristov <shristov@ptt.yu>
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2003 14:53:00 -0500
Ken Brown wrote:

> So my question is, if all this has to happen on the first dit and the
> second dit and the third dit and on and on, why is the first dit any
> different?

Input keying waveform is usually put through
two kinds of circuits before being actually used.
It goes through a low pass filter (RC),
and filter's output gets shaped by a Schmitt trigger.

Depending on filter's time constants, the first dit
may be affected differently from others because
the initial filter state (initial voltage on
filter capacitors) is zero for the first dit,
and non-zero for subsequent ones.

The devil's is in details, says S56A :-)

73,

Sinisa  YT1NT, VA3TTN