RE: [TenTec] OMNI VI+ Question

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TenTec] OMNI VI+ Question
From: "K. Indart" <kitdart@ntelos.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 13:21:42 -0500
Hi Don,
I have the problem on my Omni VI Option 3, that the CW speed tends to vary
somewhat.
   I seem to remember seeing that a solution was to place a ceramic
capacitor across the leads on the SPEED CONTROL.  Don't remember the value
but guess a .01 or .001    I suppose it is some RF getting into the speed
control.

If you have some concrete information I would surely appreciate it, as it is
kinda annoying problem.   CW since late 40's.

Best 73,    Ken   WA4RPH      (kitdart@ntelos.net)