[TenTec] Re: Using Orion with existing 961 PSU

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Re: Using Orion with existing 961 PSU
From: "Rob Atkinson, K5UJ" <k5uj@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 18:54:15 +0000
The TT spec for the Orion tx current draw is 24 or 25 A; Jupiter 20. I guess Orion's processors and extra circuitry add on to the load. First time I have seen a solid state exciter draw that much d.c. at 13.8 v. for 100w. It looks like what I wrote before was bad advice--the fellow who asked would probably be safer picking up a higher current p.s. somewhere. If not the TT supply, which is probably perfectly good, one from Astron which still makes linear supplies.

Rob Atkinson
K5UJ