Re: [TenTec] guide to adjusting Orion receiver;filters and performance

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] guide to adjusting Orion receiver;filters and performance
From: "Carl Moreschi" <n4py@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 03:26:15 -0000
The Orion S meter never goes below S1 period.  The Orion firmware uses S1 as
the base S meter value and will not let the S meter go below this.

I find the RX340 S meter will show some signal strength before the Orion S
meter does.  I also find that in order to get similar readings between the
Orion S meter and the rx340 S meter, I have to tunr the Orion preamp on.
Once I do this, the two S meters are in amazing agreement.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
Franklinton, NC