Re: [TenTec] Info on the Argonaut 515?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Info on the Argonaut 515?
From: "Winston F. Jones" <winjones@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 22:06:12 -0400
As best I recall,  the 515 came along in mid-80's, well after most of the
demand for the Argonaut was gone. By this time, the Argosy had already come
out and it was a smaller box, plus it offered a 50-watt option and the
30-meter band.
The biggest advance that the 515 made, in my opinion, was to use the
heterodyne type vfo so that the 10-meter band was spread out in four equal
segments, just like the Triton IV.
I have a 515 that I recently had up for sale, but I've decided to hold onto
it. It's number 170.
73, Winston K4CWQ