Re: [TenTec] ps

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] ps
From: "Mike Hyder -N4NT-" <mike_n4nt@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 15:14:24 -0400
I think you have a veritable wealth of misinformation there.

The power switches in the Ten-Ten rigs provide a circuit closure to the two
center pins of the molex power connector.  They are designed to switch on
the order of four (4) amps @ 120 VAC and are electrically in series with the
front panel ON / OFF switch on a Ten-Tec supply.  When you use the rig's
switch in the DC line to the rig, it may well be switching more current than
that because of any surge, and it is surely not rated for the full current
of an operating rig.  That is probably why the previous owner had to replace
the switch / control.

With your setup, I'd suggest running your DC supply lines through the Airpax
breaker directly to the rig and not use the rig's power switch at all.  Then
you can switch your rig on and off with either the Airpax or the power
supply's switch -- makes no difference.

73, Mike -N4NT-