[TenTec] Orion Review By RSGB

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Orion Review By RSGB
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 07:10:06 -0400
Hi Mario,

>Four scaned pages of Radcomm Orion test report can be found at
<http://artinian.bit.si/slike/orionX.gif>http://artinian.bit.si/slike/orionX.gif where X stands for 1,2,3,4.

        A friend already sent me a copy but thanks for posting that!
I feel this was the most thorough review of Orion I've seen including
ARRL's.  The only unusual thing I noticed was that the 2.4 kHz filter
gave much better IMD performance than the 1.0 kHz filter.  I've never
seen that previously in any tests by ARRL, YT1NT, W8JI or Sherwood
Engineering, so it could be that the 1.0 kHz filter in the Radcom test
unit was defective.

73, Bill W4ZV

P.S.  BTW, I see Sinisa YT1NT has updated his previous paper at:
http://www.geocities.com/va3ttn/UsingOrionRX.pdf