Re: [TenTec] ALC Indicator

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] ALC Indicator
From: Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX <RMcGraw@Blomand.Net>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 15:57:10 -0500
Regarding power supplies, these comments make me wonder if the power supply
is turned on an allowed to stabilize a few milliseconds or more before the
Orion is powered on.  It just may be that if the Orion is on and then the
power supply is turned on the rise time of the voltage from the PSU may be
allowing the processor to initialize incorrectly during power ramp up.
Powering down the Orion and then back up seems to successfully correct the
concern.

Again, one tends to point to the new version of software as being the
problem when in reality with any version, timing issues change and thus
certain artifacts may become apparent that were not apparent previous or
later versions.

Micor P's which use PDI circuits are specially prone to these kinds of
faults.

73
Bob, K4TAX