Re: [TenTec] ORION Hi/Lo Cut control

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] ORION Hi/Lo Cut control
From: w4tje <w4tje@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 22:29:50 -0400
hello Bob, your observations are the same as mine with my rig.
you and i spoke about this on air a few weeks ago. but you have explored this further than have i since then, and you have explained your observations much better than i did when i tried to point out some of this info a few weeks ago on the reflector.
i called tentec, and they said that pressing and holding the hi/low cut resets the passband. that was their explanation. i asked why it did not have the same affect on the cut opposite the sideband i was on at the time, and they tried to explain that to me, but i did not understand.
some orion owners told me that pressing and holding had no affect on their rigs, which completely bewildered me.
but it appears the affect is the same on both of our rigs. the way it is set up now, it easily confuses me, the action of the hi/low cut relative to the sideband opposite of the one in use. never the less, i've learned to make good use of the hi/low cut press and hold feature when adjacent signals pop up.
i will end my comments here, because just trying to explain it is confusing enough. i will simply say that i agree with your observations.
73, hope catch u on air soon.
jack w4tje