Re: [TenTec] ORION Hi/Lo Cut control

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] ORION Hi/Lo Cut control
From: Bob Henderson <bob@cytanet.com.cy>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 05:24:43 +0000
Thank you guys for your responses on this one. You have helped shed a great deal of light upon the matter. Some of you apparently see the same effects I have described whilst others have Hi/Lo cut controls which work the way I wish mine did. Curious!

Rich, K5SF really shed light with his comment that these controls appear to work differently depending upon whether PBT and BW controls were set for main/sub rx tracking or not.

I have typically set-up my Orion to have these functions set to track as that has seemed to suit my operating habits. All of the characteristic behaviour I have described, occurs with PBT/BW tracking set.

I have, with Rich's prompting, investigated operation of these controls with tracking for PBT/BW disabled. Lo and behold the Hi/Lo Cut controls operate exactly as I believe they should.

On further investigation I see that if only PBT Track is set while BW track remains off correct operation continues to take place. It is only when BW Track is set that operation of these controls is screwed up.

Grant/Merle

You may want to try setting BW Track to on in the RX menu to see if that has the same ill effects on the operation of your Hi/Lo Cut controls. I will be surprised if it doesn't.

I think we're getting pretty close to having this well enough defined to convey to TT so they can sort it out.

73 de Bob, 5B4AGN