[TenTec] Re: New Orion Update

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: New Orion Update
From: "Tom Whiteside" <tomw@ecpi.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2004 16:10:20 -0600
We tested the new Orion update here in the ARRL 160M contest and did not
observe any problems with strong signal handling here - quite the opposite -
it was doing great as usual.    I tell folks that the Orion reminds me of a
friend who is always declaring what she is greatful for and much of it is
"things I don't have" like measles.    That is how I feel about the Orion -
it is all those wierd overload artifacts that we don't have that I am
greatful for.

We did find one problem - not sure if it is related to the update since I
have not used Writelog with the packet cluster before with the Orion.
Clicking on spots would cause us to lose audio from the main receiver - a
power cycle on the Orion and it would be back.    I did do a Master Reset
after the upload.   Anyone else experiencing this with the Orion?

Tom Whiteside
N5TW Georgetown, TX

Message: 5