Re: [TenTec] Your favorite TT rig? (for CW)

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Your favorite TT rig? (for CW)
From: G4PUQ@aol.com
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 20:53:53 EST
Most underrated TT "fun rig" must be my Ten Tec Century 22 ! The only TT I
bought from new ( in 1988!). I used it in my early days and worked my first 88
DXCC with it. I'll never be parted from it, the little beauty taught me a lot.

Operating a little pistol like the Century 22 and eeking every little bit of
performance out of it set me up for the joys in store when I eventually got
hold of my Corsair II and Omni VI.

I have tried to love the Scout but It just didn't do it for me. The Argosy II
gave me my first ZL qso which was a real thrill and my Omni D still has a
pretty impressive receiver.

73 de Peter McEwen G4PUQ

PS I have been told that there is a town called McEwen in TN is this so ?