[TenTec] Decision Made

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Decision Made
From: KD7EFQ@aol.com
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 12:16:11 EST
Hmmm...I knew I was sticking my neck out a little here, so I'll stick it out
some more.
My current albeit temporary rig is a Kenwood TS570S. I have no problems with
mic's not working, RF getting back into things, don't have to worry about
"Master Resets" even though it has a All Reset function, I've never had to use
it.
Don't have to worry if the next download is going to be bug free or have many
bugs. No recalls on the 570S lately that I know of. Don't have to direct
ground the radio by grinding the paint off the bottom cover and driving the
grounding rod thru the center of the rig to get a proper ground (HI HI) and I
have
probably one of the poorest antenna setups possible, a twin lead fed 80 m
doublet that I use on all bands with a tuner, many times at the 1500W legal
limit
with NO problems whatsoever so far.

 As Eric SENSI said: It works each and every day with no glitches. When I see
Orion doing this the majority of the time, I'll try one.

 73, Todd - KT0DD - kd7efq@aol.com
"The race is over...THE RATS WON !"