Re: [TenTec] Orion AUX out audio question

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion AUX out audio question
From: "Tommy" <aldermant@alltel.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 05:48:37 -0500
Page 28 of the manual states " Pin 4 is left side audio output. This output is line level...." insinuating the audio is a fixed level, however it is not. If you have the audio menu LEFT set to either MAIN or BOTH, the audio is line level (fixed)...however if you have LEFT set for SUB, you can vary the audio level at pin 4 using the SubRx AF control.

You can easily observe the AUX I/O output levels using something like Spectragram. Presently I do not use the right audio at pin 6, so can not quickly verify how that works.

Orion specifications, page 51 says the line level output is 0 dBm into 600 ohms.

Tom - W4BQF

----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Carroll" <rlcarroll@patmedia.net>