Re: [TenTec] Orion AUX out audio question

To: msembx-aa6e@yahoo.com, tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion AUX out audio question
From: Sinisa Hristov <shristov@ptt.yu>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 13:24:26 -0500
Martin AA6E wrote:

> OK.  I guess the question for this list is does anybody see ANY good
> reason for the Aux Out to be treated in this complicated way?  A bunch
> of us seem to think that a straight, no questions asked line output is
> what we want.  We can all mail to ditsnbits, but it would be good to
> understand the other point of view -- if there is one!

All the mess is created by attempting to feed 6 destinations (speaker,
headphones, 3 aux outputs) from just 3 sources (3 DACs).

Therefore, aux outputs cannot be independent from speaker/headphone
outputs in the actual contents, although they can be independent
in level because the speaker & headphones have additional
post-DAC level controls.

73,

Sinisa  YT1NT, VE3EA