Re: [TenTec] New Ten-Tec website + new Orion manual

To: <royalct@inr.net>,"Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>,<roncasa@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] New Ten-Tec website + new Orion manual
From: "Wes Attaway (N5WA)" <n5wa@sport.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 20:16:30 -0600
Not to beat a dead horse to death ..... but the opening page of the Ten-Tec
website has a notation saying "best viewed at 1024x768".  This is probably
somewhat higher resolution than a lot of folks are using, particularly those
with 17" or smaller CRT monitors.  At the recommended resolution and at
1280x1024, which I am using, both Firefox and IE6 show the page correctly
and exactly the same.

At the popular 800x600 resolution the page looked fine but unless you have
the browser running at full screen size some of the box containing the links
(such as firmware updates) could be missed without scrolling.

I think the website is really optimal for those using LCD monitors which
generally look best at higher video resolutions, and it is probably fine at
800x600 except for the need to scroll.  Almost all websites now look better
at the higher resolutions and require a good bit of scrolling at 800x600, so
I don't think TenTec is out of step with this format.

I don't think running Windows or Linux or Mac has anything to do with it.